Vanuatu CAAV~VKS
RPAS Rules Part 101 & Support

Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu

is the governing authority for all RPAS Operations

Vanuatu Cultural Council

is the governing authority for Cultural Media Production

Drone Management Vanuatu

is the CAAV ~ VKS RPAS management platform

CAAV RPAS Regulations

drone.vu is the official Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu & Vanuatu Cultural Centre National Film & Audio Department site providing information and registration services for the safe and legal use of RPAS (drones) in Vanuatu under Civil Aviation Rules Part 101.

All RPAS Operations unable to be conducted under Civil Aviation Rules Part 101 must be approved and authorised by the Director of Civil Aviation, Vanuatu

RPAS ~ Drone Registration

All RPAS Operators and RPAS (drones) in Vanuatu need to be registered and fly in accordance with CAAV Rules Part 101.

There is no distinction between 'recreational' and 'commercial' use, all drones must fly under and comply with CAAV Rules Part 101.

RPAS (Drones) that cannot comply with Part 101 must seek authorisation to operate from the Director of Civil Aviation.

Vanuatu citizens and permanent residents can register through this website or visit the Cultural Centre - Film & Audio Dept with their RPAS.

Visitors and Foreign Media are required to pre-register the RPAS (drone) Operator (person responsible for flying) and the RPAS (drone system) they will import into Vanuatu prior to arrival in Vanuatu through the on-line registration system. This will avoid possible delays in Customs clearance

  • RPAS Operator

    Vanuatu Citizens and Permanent Residents

    Visitors and Foreign Media

  • RPAS ~ Drone Registration

    Civil Aviation Rules Part 101

Kaljoral Senta Filming Policy

All RPAS (drones/flying cameras) flown in Vanuatu at cultural events or island locations other than Efate, need to be approved by the Vanuatu Cultural Council and issued a Valid Permit PRIOR to use.
Proof of Pilot Competency and Public Liability Insurance may be be required depending on the intended use of the RPAS.

Vanuatu Flight Operations Management

Manage and submit Operations, Locations and Flights for Approval and maintain CAAV Part 101 Compliance to save time and money.

Sync your Flight Operation plans on your mobile device for off-line access when out in the islands - no connection needed!

Copyright © 2018 DMV, CAAV, VKS